• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting of income (Nevada + Federal)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Klord

Reporting of income and injuries (Nevada + Federal)

I was wondering what the penalties/fines are if an employer pays under the table for employment (Federal and State).

They did not record the social security number. They have been making payments via company checks to names only. They do not record the social security numbers. One employee has suffered second-degree sunburns to their body while on the job with no compensation. Even after it has been reported with witnesses.

What can the employer expect in fines and penalties in this situation?

Klord

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
"One employee has suffered second-degree sunburns to their body while on the job with no compensation."

What has this got to do with failure to report income? What makes you think that the employee is entitled to any additional compensation? They are entitled to have any lost wages and medical bills paid by their workers comp policy, but they don't get any bonuses.

The answer to your question is, big ones. But the employee who has been accepting their pay under the table is also due for a few shocks from the state and IRS, unless they have been reporting the income anyway.

K

Klord

"The answer to your question is, big ones."

Could you please elaborate concerning the pay and income (facts, details, statutes)? "Big ones" seems a little broad.

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Do you honestly expect me to be able to quote you exact dollar figures? For one thing, I have no idea how much income we're talking about. $8 an hour? $100,000 per year? Give me a break.

K

Klord

No. I was not expecting you or anyone to quote any dollar figures. I was hoping you or someone out there that practices law in this area to quote the applicable state and federal statutes concerning the penalties surrounding this given situation so that I may also review them.

If there are additional details required in this research, then please ask me for them.

If this is not your field, please just say you don’t know the answer or don’t reply at all.

Klord

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">