• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting roommate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

You're weak, if you can't have a straight answer, i don't need your advice.
Here's how your call to report the "welfare fraud" will likely go:

chelseas: Hello fraud department? I'd like to report my RM for fraud...she, in my opinion, doesn't have severe CD and is fit to work!

Official: Are you a Doctor?

chelseas: No.

Offical: Goodbye.

click....dial tone...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's very easy to get turned down for disability benefits when you are entitled to them. It's not so easy to get approved for them when you're not. So your assessment of whether she deserves them or not has no legal weight. She has to be reassessed every so often and if you're right, it will get caught; if you're wrong, then you don't want to be on the hook for disability harassment.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, the 2 other roommies were here years before her. When she came in, she brought chaos right away, which prompted the "oldest" one to file a complaint on her to the Manager, backed by the previous tenants that moved out. Meaning, this whole tandem of 3 current tenants complaining about her is not isolated. My question is still unanswered though, can she file a civil suit just because she thinks it's us that reported her, when we intend to report anonymous?
Yes. She can, if she wishes to, file a civil suit because she thinks it's you that reported her, even if you report anonymously.

I hope that this is now clear to you.

Just Blue

No, the 2 other roommies were here years before her. When she came in, she brought chaos right away, which prompted the "oldest" one to file a complaint on her to the Manager, backed by the previous tenants that moved out. Meaning, this whole tandem of 3 current tenants complaining about her is not isolated. My question is still unanswered though, can she file a civil suit just because she thinks it's us that reported her, when we intend to report anonymous?
YES. She can file. If she can't legally prove her case she won't win.

chelseas

Here's how your call to report the "welfare fraud" will likely go:

chelseas: Hello fraud department? I'd like to report my RM for fraud...she, in my opinion, doesn't have severe CD and is fit to work!

Official: Are you a Doctor?

chelseas: No.

Offical: Goodbye.

click....dial tone...
yea? thanks for the expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">