• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ygcompany

Tennessee. Will make this short as i can. Bought a truck using e finance corporation but they sold my contract to supposedly to another finance company but ended up being another dealership in the first month. Sent payments to them for 3 months and the e finance corporation decided to do another contract with me for same truck with higher down payment. Did that and started making payments with them but they never got credit from the dealership i sent payments too. They ended up repossessing my truck. I filed lawsuit for illegal repossession so court sending us to arbitration. The key is they want to prove payments to dealership for the 3 months and ive called to get the proof or receipt from them but no luck. Question is since i was not in contract with e finance in those 3 months do i need to prove anything to them. They knew i made payments and asked for the credit when i signed the new contract

Last edited:

PayrollHRGuy

They can provide evidence that they never received the 3 month's payments.

You need to provide evidence that you not only made the payments but that you had no reason to believe that you weren't making them where you were supposed to be making them.

Ygcompany

Thanks. I have the bank statements showing o withdrew the amounts so i assume i sent by money order. So now tracking down money order receipts. Having a hard time. Since this dealership does business with e finance corporation they are making it difficult. its getting close to arbitration meeting and im trying to get everything together

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">