• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Representation search (indigent)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

homie

What is the name of your state? Florida
I'm seeking an attorney for representation in the Suwannee county Fl area willing to work a divorce with payment being a lein attachment to real estate located in Mayo Fl ( 6.9 acres with 10 year old planted pine worth around 40k) pending the sale at settlement. There is approx. 150k in marital real estate assets including the marital home on 4 acres located in O'brien Fl, there are no children, only pets, and then the liabilities. I'm currently on disability status and have exhausted all funds with another attorney in Live Oak which I chose to release/fire due to differences that could not be over come. Anyone that could lead me to some assistance in that area would be greatly appreciated. Thank youWhat is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
homie said:
I'm seeking an attorney for representation in the Suwannee county Fl area willing to work a divorce with payment being a lein attachment to real estate located in Mayo Fl ( 6.9 acres with 10 year old planted pine worth around 40k) pending the sale at settlement. There is approx. 150k in marital real estate assets including the marital home on 4 acres located in O'brien Fl, there are no children, only pets, and then the liabilities. I'm currently on disability status and have exhausted all funds with another attorney in Live Oak which I chose to release/fire due to differences that could not be over come. Anyone that could lead me to some assistance in that area would be greatly appreciated. Thank youWhat is the name of your state?
You are not going to get an attorney to work for you for a divorce and be paid as part of the property settlement unless they are unethical. Domestic relations attorneys are not allowed to take payment based on the outcome of the settlement which is what you are asking. You may find an attorney that will work with you and take payments but not this.

Gracie3787

You can try calling the Fl Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011. You can also check at the courthouse library to see if they have a list of attornys who will take payments or do pro-bono work.

THE PRACTICE-21

homie said:

My response:

Just what I always wanted - - a couple of dirt clods on worthless land, with a lousy tree on it. With my luck, the tree would need expensive removal . . .

IAAL

LdiJ

Ohiogal said:
You are not going to get an attorney to work for you for a divorce and be paid as part of the property settlement unless they are unethical. Domestic relations attorneys are not allowed to take payment based on the outcome of the settlement which is what you are asking. You may find an attorney that will work with you and take payments but not this.

I agree but there is a chance that she could find an attorney who was willing to wait for payment until the property settlement was effected....particularly if it was relatively guaranteed that the funds would be available after settlement.

LdiJ

THE PRACTICE-21 said:
My response:

Just what I always wanted - - a couple of dirt clods on worthless land, with a lousy tree on it. With my luck, the tree would need expensive removal . . .

IAAL
You misunderstood the info about "planted pine"....its a commercial venture that is lucrative. Minimal cost to plant....harvest 20 years later...almost all gain.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
LdiJ said:

I agree but there is a chance that she could find an attorney who was willing to wait for payment until the property settlement was effected....particularly if it was relatively guaranteed that the funds would be available after settlement.
There is no guarantee and again attorneys in divorce situations are NOT ALLOWED to base their fees around settlement. The best OP can hope for is someone to do pro bono or take payments.

Bali Hai

Ohiogal said:
There is no guarantee and again attorneys in divorce situations are NOT ALLOWED to base their fees around settlement. The best OP can hope for is someone to do pro bono or take payments.
Depending on age, weight, hair color and if OP doesn't break mirrors when she looks into one, is there anything else that could be used as payment??

BelizeBreeze

THE PRACTICE-21 said:
My response:

IAAL
If he had a blowup doll of Stealth I'd consider it...but then.....:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">