• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

representing myself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
I am a retired federal employee. I have just received the maximum medical improvement from my doctor of eleven years who is a board certifed orthopedist. He is familiar with the AMA guide to disability 5th edition. I am not satisfied with the attorney I have as he is not working with me and does not return call and has had my case a month now and have not done anything with it. I called him a week ago and I was supposed to call him back with info from my doctor. Have not been able to reach him, left numerous messages and faxes. He told me once papers are filed, i should have answer in about a month. I am preparing for job related disability schedule award. My question is that once doctor has prepared form and done narrative report, can doctor submit without my needing a lawyer, as for now I need my funds because of financial burdens at this time. please advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential