• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repriasal for EO Complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laanatassha

The name of my state is GA.

I placed an EO complaint against a member of my organization (hostile work environment) After, the person I made a complaint against began to treat me differently at the workplace (he would "misplace" paperwork I had to route through him)

I brought it to the attention of my supervisors, and they did not do a thing. I then filed a complaint through the local EEOC.

My supervisors have begun to write me up on and off for "performance" issues. The one they wrote me up on yesterday was because I failed to perform a task that they did not even train me on. Although my supervisor admitted in the counseling that he "failed to train me on this task", he still placed a statement that made it look like I didn't even try to help the customer, which is a lie. I think they are using these "performance counselings" to make me look like a bad employee.

My immediate supervisor has personally witnessed me go above and beyond to attend the customers and if I can't help a customer I ask them to wait until the necessary person comes in to help them out. This hasn't been an issue until yesterday and I believe it is due to me filing an EEOC complaint against him, our over-all supervisor, and the member of my organization that was creating the "hostile environment".

I must add that he did not give "performance counselings" to the other two women who work with me. The other two women did not know how to perform this task, so why were they not given counselings? Can I use this to demonstrate that I was singled out?

How can I defend myself here? I'm affaid that my co-workers won't vouch for me because they are scared to loose their jobs and it seems like my immediate and over-all supvervisor have teamed up against me.

Also, What are the do's and don'ts when dealing with the EEOC? And how can I protect myself from retaliation? Should I sue my employers?

I appreciate any advice....

Thanks,

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You cannot sue your employers until the EEOC has issued you a right to sue letter.

If you believe you are being retaliated against because of your EEOC complaint, you need to amend your complaint to include that.

laanatassha

Thanks for the advice so far...

I already made an appointment with the EEOC and will discuss adding the reprisal to my complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">