• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reprimanded for unwritten grievance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Drowning

Can a county civil service employee in California be officially reprimanded (letter of reprimand in personnel file) based on a verbal only complaint? When a complaint is put into writing is it mandatory that the employee be given a copy of the complaint against them? The employee in question has received a written reprimand based on a verbal complaint and another one based on something in writing. Employee was refused a copy of the written document and was not allowed to read it either. The employee is allowed to post a response in the personnel file but how can you put together an intelligence response without the alleged facts?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate and what I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You are allowed to read all information in your personnel file and have copies of it. They cannot keep such information from you.

I suggest reading the employment labor law section at freeadvice.com's homepage and going from there.

Hope this helps.

C

crabby

california code no 1596.880 to 1596.883 demands they give you the info you request. If they do not it is a criminal act, and is punishable by law. you may find this information under california code on your search engine on the net. Check it out they are way out of line. You can also call and get info from california rural legal aid. Cal Labor board

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">