• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request for arrest/conviction stats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozmentra@hotmai

In the state of Nevada.
I am doing a public safety study to determine whether violations of lifetime supervision are being enforced under NRS 213.1243 (A). I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I need hard facts as to how many sex offenders per year, for the past ten years, have been either arrested and/or convicted under NRS 213.1243 (A) in Churchell county for violating lifetime supervision. If possible, it would be beneficial to know the particular condition that the arrest and and/or conviction is based. I don’t necessarily need specific names and I don’t know how available data is compiled or how far it goes back. Can someone tell me where this data would be available. I will take what I can get for now. Hope you can help. Thank you, Ron

quincy

In the state of Nevada.
I am doing a public safety study to determine whether violations of lifetime supervision are being enforced under NRS 213.1243 (A). I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I need hard facts as to how many sex offenders per year, for the past ten years, have been either arrested and/or convicted under NRS 213.1243 (A) in Churchell county for violating lifetime supervision. If possible, it would be beneficial to know the particular condition that the arrest and and/or conviction is based. I don’t necessarily need specific names and I don’t know how available data is compiled or how far it goes back. Can someone tell me where this data would be available. I will take what I can get for now. Hope you can help. Thank you, Ron
You can contact the Department of Public Safety, which has a central repository for Nevada records of criminal history. The Records, Communications and Compliance Division keeps crime reports dating from 1991.

Here is the contact information:

Department of Public Safety, Records, Communications and Compliance Division
Uniform Crime Reporting
333 West Nye LanSuite 100
Carson City, Nevada

OR

[email protected]

You have a lot of research and reading ahead of you. Each of the Uniform Crime Reports are long (950 pages +/-).

Good luck.

HRZ

IF the underlying questions include does it work or at what cost does it work ....you might also seek some input from lawyers in your state with online opposition to such law on constitutional grounds or whatever .......and some of the staff at major academic institutions with criminology programs might have useful resource suggestions.

I'd use a grain of salt with state data about its own programs

quincy

The reporting is required of the agencies, HRZ.

Last edited by a moderator:

HRZ

I still advise a grain of salt until confirmed otherwise....at least local to me the actual discovery/reporting of some such violations is haphazard ....I stumbled over the local indifference to accurate records/supervision re sex offenders when I cross checked for some other reasons as to who was living in my neighborhood.

quincy

I agree that reporting is only as good as the reporters. There is unlikely to be a better source than the one I provided earlier, though.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I agree that reporting is only as good as the reporters. There is unlikely to be a better source than the one I provided earlier, though.
The only other option I can think of would be to contact each county law enforcement agency directly for whatever statistics they may maintain on what the OP is looking for and looking through court cases in the county courts for any that dealt with the particular code section he or she is concerned with. That would take a fair bit of work and not guarantee what the OP would find.

xylene

Bluntly, the OP's research question is going to require detailed review of primary sources (case files) in the county in question.

quincy

Bluntly, the OP's research question is going to require detailed review of primary sources (case files) in the county in question.
Such a study as ozmentra proposes is going to require a lot of research, at any rate. I am curious what he hopes to gain by the results.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">