• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

requesting medical records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

What is the name of your state? MD

Is the father authorized to request infant records, the birth records at the hospital? If so, when?

Can a judge request the birth records for custody court?

StepMamainOC

Just as there is a legal mother, there is a legal father and both parents have a right to the same medical and educational records as the other. School, nor medical providers can refuse either parent access to those records, unless one party can present to the medical or educational provider a court order barring the other parent from this information.

waitinMd

I hope I get the same rights! I can't wait to see my baby! I am still waiting to see her.

I filed for custody and visitation, I am waiting for a court date. My ex filed for a temporary custody order under false allegations. The judge signed it and went on vacation. My lawyer said he should not have signed it, he was in violation of several things. Anyway, during the pregnancy my ex was smoking marijuana. She was asked to be drug tested by her doctor and she refused. I have a feeling the baby may have been THC positive when born. Would that make a difference in court??? Should I worry about trying to get infant records?

I would like to have a copy of her records anyway, for her baby book and diary I am going to keep for her, so it would not be wasted. (As long as it does not say THC postive!)

waitinMd

I called the hospital and they said they will not release my childs medical records to me, even though the court order names me as the father. They said I am not on the medical record, only the mother. Do I need a judge to court order the medical records be released?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">