• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requesting refunds on old Google Play and iTunes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't your cats jump up in your lap while you're playing? Ours do that to DD...and right now I have a 17 pound cat plopped under my arm with his head on my .... He tried to plop on the computer but I pushed him off.
Yeah but you just shift them around to accommodate. They're more annoying as bed hogs. Haha.

I have a Nintendo with SMB2 (circa 1995/6)...My DD loves it. I have horrible hand/eye coordination so I stink at it. Like really bad. DD takes after Dad that way...
You could always get into strategy games that reward you for thinking things through rather than a fast paced action game. My brother in law's grandpa would kick our butts in Total War because he had 2 or 3 backup plans going into any encounter and we'd just try to win by force.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
4-7 hours a day? On a video game?? Yikes! You should just do the withdrawal now...because you will not be able to play like that when you have children.
In order to understand that kind of play you have to understand the current gaming community. A lot people have the idea of gaming as a solitary pursuit where the gamer is down in his parents' munching Cheetos all day and being anti-social. A loner type activity. But a lot of modern computer games have a significant social aspect to them and true communities built up around them. Indeed, the game the OP played appears to be one such game. That social element is an important element of games that succeed in keeping players engaged for years of play. You are correct that most gamers cannot devote the time to games as they mature that they did in their high school and college years. But the games can still form a significant part of their lives even as they get jobs, marry, have kids, and do all the other things that adults do in life. I've known married couples who first met while playing a game they both enjoyed and that interest in the game carried on into the marriage and all the other life activities that followed. I've met some good friends myself through some of the games I've played. Don't knock the gaming community, there are some really terrific people there. They are (mostly) not the lonely nerds portrayed on Saturday Night Live and other comedy forums. :D

Just Blue

You could always get into strategy games that reward you for thinking things through rather than a fast paced action game. My brother in law's grandpa would kick our butts in Total War because he had 2 or 3 backup plans going into any encounter and we'd just try to win by force.
I already have one of those games...It's call Free Advice. :p

Just Blue

I don't have a cat, but friends that do have them sometimes blame their cats jumping up on the keyboards when they do something stupid in a game. Sure, it was the cat....
lol...that is something only a non-cat owner would say! Dude...It's ALWAYS the cat.

quincy

The bottom legal line is, if you want to preserve your investment and keep your account, don't violate the terms and conditions of the game.

"The cat did it" is not likely to work as an excuse that will restore your account or get you a refund.

quincy

As amazing as cats might be, the game company certainly isn't going to buy that a cat set up the bot program.
Given excuses some people make for violating laws, I wouldn't put it past someone to use an equally absurd excuse to explain away a TOS violation. :)

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Just a small hijack here: @Taxing Matters , I had NO idea you were a gamer. It doesn't fit into my virtual idea of you. And I am charmed by this new-found knowledge.
While this will betray my age a bit, when I was in high school and undergraduate college (which was before the internet became widely opened to the public by the likes of AOL and others in the 1990s) I wrote and distributed some computer programs of my own, including games. Of course, my games were relatively simple and the graphics, when my games had them, were crude compared to the amazing things game designers are capable of producing today (and that take can require teams of creators that rival the size of a studio movie production). But it got me interested in both playing computer games and also in understanding the business and legal side of the games industry. I've never lost that interest, even though my career branched away from programming and game design into law, taxes, finance, and business.

quincy

While this will betray my age a bit, when I was in high school and undergraduate college (which was before the internet became widely opened to the public by the likes of AOL and others in the 1990s) I wrote and distributed some computer programs of my own, including games. Of course, my games were relatively simple and the graphics, when my games had them, were crude compared to the amazing things game designers are capable of producing today (and that take can require teams of creators that rival the size of a studio movie production). But it got me interested in both playing computer games and also in understanding the business and legal side of the games industry. I've never lost that interest, even though my career branched away from programming and game design into law, taxes, finance, and business.
Interesting. One of my mom's friends created Dungeons and Dragons. He retired at a very young age.

You should have kept at it. ;)

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I remember the world prior to the "consumer" Internet (which was really made possible by the World Wide Web). I remember when newsgroups were very popular and one had to use tools like gopher to find things.

My favorite games were Doom and Leisure Suit Larry. :giggle:

I was a computer science major and we played games on our mainframe but they were text-based like "Adventure". Back in those days even most PCs had no graphics capability beyond simple ASCII graphics. Seeing a graphics-capable PC in operation for the first time was amazing even though the CGA graphics were horrible compared to what was available even a few years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">