• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requirment to provide an ex spouse with current relationship information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jmana

What is the name of your state? NC

My GF's ex husband is requesting she give him my address, full name, and birth date. I am against this because he has a history of domestic abuse, and he lied to the parent coordinator in order to get this info. He claimed her children spend nights at my house, but that is not true. And I've only spent time with her kids 5 times in 9 months. The parent coordinator is demanding the info today, is there anything we can do in this situation?? Is there any appeal process for demands from a parent coordinator, or are they given power that supersedes that of the law?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Does she have a court order that requires she provide him with this information?

No?

Then she can tell him to pound sand.

Note - IF he goes to court and gets such an order, she will have to comply.

t74

Your GF needs to decide what to do based on the court order (as was just posted while I am typing).

I will add that if she is not required to do so and provides it over your objection, you need to rethink your relationship. Read the forum about what you are getting yourself into. There are numerous discussions about problems with exs, visitation and new significant others. Be informed so you know your rights and responsibilities - especially with regard to the children who are the most important people in this entire situation.

A high conflict relationship over children is expensive financially and emotionally so you need to be prepared.

xylene

Find a relationship with someone who, well if they aren't a train wreck, someone who isn't still dealing with a train wreck in their past.

"honey, you don't have to give him my information, because we are done."

Jmana

Does she have a court order that requires she provide him with this information?

No?

Then she can tell him to pound sand.

Note - IF he goes to court and gets such an order, she will have to comply.
The court order doesn't specify this, however what it does say is the parent coordinator has permission to make any directive/decision regarding a SO when children are involved

Jmana

Then your SO should consult with her attorney as to what her obligations are wrt the PC.
She talked to her custody attorney and she was told she needs to comply, but what about my rights?? He lied and said they sleep over at my house, which isn't true at all. With his violent history I'm afraid I'll come home to a house on fire one night.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She talked to her custody attorney and she was told she needs to comply, but what about my rights?? He lied and said they sleep over at my house, which isn't true at all. With his violent history I'm afraid I'll come home to a house on fire one night.
You are not obligated by her court order - she is. If I were in her shoes? I'd do what my lawyer told me. If I were in yours? I'd find a new g/f. For real.

Just Blue

The court order doesn't specify this, however what it does say is the parent coordinator has permission to make any directive/decision regarding a SO when children are involved
So...this relationship is 9 months old? If I were you I would consider what direction this relationship is going. If it is serious (like you may get married one day serious)...give the info. If not...perhaps it's time to split.

t74

I am concerned, OP, that you are concerned for your safety on such a young relationship. It will not get better with a wack-a-doodle SO's EX.

Have you done a background check on his criminal history to see if he has a history of violence or stalking? If so, it is likely time to go.

Jmana

I am concerned, OP, that you are concerned for your safety on such a young relationship. It will not get better with a wack-a-doodle SO's EX.

Have you done a background check on his criminal history to see if he has a history of violence or stalking? If so, it is likely time to go.
He doesn't have a record because she didn't file a report on him because she had newborn twins and had no idea what to do. But I spoke to her old neighbors who confirmed to me that he indeed tried to strangle her, which is good enough for me to not want him knowing my address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">