• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resentencing in my favor ruining my life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kyle Rich

Florida resentencing in my favor (terminated, revoked and time served) after tech vop caused 17 yr old conviction to look like 3 yr old conviction and is causing me no end of trouble with employment and housing. Anything I can do about it?

Kyle Rich

I have no idea what you are talking about.[/QUOTE
How can you not? It's simple and straightforward. A resentencing in my favor changed my conviction date, which made it more visible to prospective employers and landlords, which in turn makes it more difficult for me to gain employment and housing. Is there anything I can do to reduce or eliminate that effect?

quincy

Florida resentencing in my favor (terminated, revoked and time served) after tech vop caused 17 yr old conviction to look like 3 yr old conviction and is causing me no end of trouble with employment and housing. Anything I can do about it?
Your revised version did not provide much clarification. :)

You violated your probation and this violation is now making it appear your original offense occurred 3 years ago instead of accurately showing it was only the probation violation that occurred 3 years ago?

If there was an error made in data entry, you can go to the charging agency to request a correction.

Kyle Rich

Your revised version did not provide much clarification. :)

You violated your probation and this violation is now making it appear your original offense occurred 3 years ago instead of accurately showing it was only the probation violation that occurred 3 years ago?
Yes

quincy

Okay.

If an error appears on your criminal record showing the date of your conviction was 3 years ago instead of 17 years ago, you can get corrections made. Apparently whoever entered your probation violation into the database entered the conviction date incorrectly.

You can return to the court to see if the error originated there or if the court received erroneous information from the agency that handled your violation.

Background check companies will then have to correct the error on their databases.

It's a hassle to correct. Good luck.

Kyle Rich

Okay.

If an error appears on your criminal record showing the date of your conviction was 3 years ago instead of 17 years ago, you can get corrections made. Apparently whoever entered your probation violation into the database entered the conviction date incorrectly.

You can return to the court to see if the error originated there or if the court received erroneous information from the agency that handled your violation.

Background check companies will then have to correct the error on their databases.

It's a hassle to correct. Good luck.
Thank you

Kyle Rich

No, not a "peach", just generally give as good as I get. Do you understand the issue now? If so, perhaps you have some suggestions as to how I can explain better in future?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">