• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resident alien applying for citizenship, some doubts.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjv3131

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi, this forums has been so helpful on my last question that I need to ask one more.

I am currently a permanent resident alien and have been since I was 2 days old and I was born in Mexico. My mom was already U.S. citizen when I was born but my dad wasn't a citizen or resident, he lived in Mexico(now is a permanent resident alien). I have lived here as long as I remember and now that I'm 19 I want to apply for citizenship. I have a couple of doubts and would like some help.

1. when I was ten years old I crossed the border back into U.S. and when the agent looked at my card he asked my mom why didn't she make me a citizen because in his words he said: "he's already a citizen". What did the agent meant?

2. Also, simple question. Which form should I fill out if I am applying for citizenship because people ahve told me the N-600 and others the N-400. I looked at the N-400 online and it looks like it expired 12-31-09, so.....does immigration will still take the N-400?

Thanks for any response, sorry for making it long.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">