• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resident Manager Time Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pisnami

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
I am currently employed as a resident manager in a small hotel(part of a bigger company) Per my contract - I also work at the front desk in the hotel - 30 hours a week and im on call for my resident managers part - from 7pm to 7am - 7 days a week.
I am leaving for a short 3 days vacation, using my 3 days off from the front desk. My company wants me to request time off for the nights i am going to be gone on my DAYS OFF from the front desk. I do not get addional time off for working every night on call, my vacation hours are only based on my front desk hours. Is it legal for them to ask for me to request time off (for the 3 nights i will be gone) since i am actually off from the front desk on those days:mad:?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law does not address this issue. No one has gone to the bother of asking the legistators of any state (or the Federal government) to pass a law restricting what employers may and may not ask for with regards to time off. They're more concerned about things like jobs for their consitutents, the economy, the war in Afghanistan, you know, little things like that.

Yes, this is legal. Good grief.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">