• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Residentual Property Lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Txiken

Garland, Dallas County, Texas 75043

My neighbor installed a do it your self fence without suveying their property or following the old fence line.

They did not obtain the required permit from the city.

According to my survey plat map that came with my house the new fence is over my property line.

What are my options?

justalayman

to argue a propert line, you need to know exactly where the property line is and your drawing is not accurate enough to do so.

You need a survey. Then you can tell the neighbor to remove the fence from your yard, if it is in your yard.

Ozark_Sophist

I agree with justalayman, but propose you should first make a complaint with the city regarding the unpermitted fence. Hopefully, this will save you money and put the onus on the neighbor to get and pay for the survey.

HomeGuru

Garland, Dallas County, Texas 75043

My neighbor installed a do it your self fence without suveying their property or following the old fence line.

They did not obtain the required permit from the city.

According to my survey plat map that came with my house the new fence is over my property line.

What are my options?
**A: how old is your survey map?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">