• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resisting Arrest, what will happen???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JulieGurl21

What is the name of your state?
I live in Wisconsin, my friend was arrested last weekend for disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest....he has to go to court....what will happen?? its his first time getting anything on him. Will he have to sit in jail? Get a lawyer? I'm sure he can drop the discorderly, But what will happen for the resisting arrest?? Please help....we both dont know nothing, about this....and He was Really drunk that night...and doesnt remember nothing!

H

hexeliebe

he has to go to court....what will happen??
His case will be called, he will stand up and enter a plea then either a trial date will be set, he will be sentenced or everyone will hold hands and hold a prayer vigil. Who knows?

Will he have to sit in jail?
If he does not have the money to post bond or does not have a PR bond, then yes.

Get a lawyer?
Of course not, but if he doesn't the answer above will change to yes.

I'm sure he can drop the discorderly,
Wrong. Only the prosecuting attorney can drop the charge.

But what will happen for the resisting arrest??
See answer one above.

He was Really drunk that night...and doesnt remember nothing!
So what? That's an excuse, not a reason. Being drunk is not a way out of this. And if he was so drunk he can't remember a thing then he damn will better have an attorney.

V

v_day_baby

Julie,
sadly enough, that has happened to a friend of mine. He was drunk, but only charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He went before the judge ~ with a lawyer he procurred at the last minute for $300 ~ and received PBJ (probation before judgement) for six months. Basically, if he doesn't get in trouble for six months, the charges are dropped and his record cleared of this incident. Don;t know how helpful this is, as judgements vary from judge to judge, but I wouldn't worry too much...

C

cjabg

A first offense for that, I would 'guess' that he will get probation. Depends on what resisting arrest means, if he was a jerk and really resisted, or went running down the road lol, they may go tough on him. If he resisted by pulling away ect. probobly probation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">