• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resticted license and working shift

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mayasandy007

my restricted license states I can deive to work on certain days and certain hrs. eg m - f ( 8 to 6 PM) . shift become available during weekend say sat 6 to 11 PM. and I have an email stating the day and time of the new shift. can I drive to work on the new shift?

Just Blue

my restricted license states I can deive to work on certain days and certain hrs. eg m - f ( 8 to 6 PM) . shift become available during weekend say sat 6 to 11 PM. and I have an email stating the day and time of the new shift. can I drive to work on the new shift?
What state?

FlyingRon

You don't indicate what state. In the state's I'm familiar with, you would need to go back to the judge and get a modification of the schedule your restricted license is valid for. The judges are usually pretty clear when they allow the restricted license that they need you to follow the restrictions down to the letter.

Again, what state is this?

Mayasandy007

You don't indicate what state. In the state's I'm familiar with, you would need to go back to the judge and get a modification of the schedule your restricted license is valid for. The judges are usually pretty clear when they allow the restricted license that they need you to follow the restrictions down to the letter.

Again, what state is this?
Thank you for quick reply! its VA

xylene

The hours of restriction on you license are not a suggestion or an example of work hours, nor are they based on your work hours and change automatically if your hours change. You need to to drive only during the hours listed on your license and ONLY to and from work. You can try to get the hours changed but be prepared for the court to say no to you being allowed to drive in the evening/night/very early morning. That's because those are very high times for offending.

Bottom Line: You need to ask the court before you drive at any time outside of 8-6 and have that change reflected on your license or license paperwork so you could show to an officer, even if the driving is for work. Anything else is a violation and risks arrest and sanction.

Mayasandy007

The hours of restriction on you license are not a suggestion or an example of work hours, nor are they based on your work hours and change automatically if your hours change. You need to to drive only during the hours listed on your license and ONLY to and from work. You can try to get the hours changed but be prepared for the court to say no to you being allowed to drive in the evening/night/very early morning. That's because those are very high times for offending.

Bottom Line: You need to ask the court before you drive at any time outside of 8-6 and have that change reflected on your license or license paperwork so you could show to an officer, even if the driving is for work. Anything else is a violation and risks arrest and sanction.
Thanks! I wanted to make sure before I do anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">