• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? pa

i worked at a company as a cashier. I was caught not ringing up things for certain people. I was called in and a person from loss prevention told me i had to come up with an amount of money that i thought i did not ring up over the time i was there. the person told me what numbers to calculate and assured me that if i couperate then it would me alot easier on me. so i did, i used her numbers and calculated 50,000. and signed the restitution form and they set up payments, i assured them that i could not afford the payments and they said that it was the minimum that they could do. the company also fired me and sent me home that day. once i got home i thought it through and think the amount that they told me to calculate was way too high. i think it should be around 5,000 not 50,000. is there anything i can do. i can not have this on my criminal record because of my school and career that i am going into. there has not been any criminal actions out of this , i think because i couperated with them. what can i do?


Junior Member

i called them twice to discuss it and it is a company that said they would note it in the account that i had questions....the person that was there from loss prevention noted in the account afterwards that the amount was right, it was what they put on the restitution form so that is what they were going on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential