• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? illinois

here's my problem.......i broke up with a guy six years ago...a woman he dated about two years after i broke up with him calls me about every six months to tell me to stay away from him...although the breakup was amicable, i haven't spoken to him for about two years! but it never fails, every six months, she calls me, telling me to stay away from him, calling me names...and she actually tells me to quit calling her...i don't even know her number!! what i want to know is, do i have grounds for a restraining order?
i have changed my number, but she somehow gets it, and really, i don't think i should have to keep doing that. i want her to leave me alone is all, and i'm hoping a restraining order would be enough to get her to do so. but are phone calls enough? she blocks the calls, so i don't think i can even prove that it's her calling me...and it's usually my cell phone she calls (i don't know if that can be traced)....i do know i'm tired of her calling me, this has been going on for a couple years now...it's like clockwork, every six months she calls, tells me to quit calling her boyfriend (whom i don't even speak to), calls me names, threatens me, and then after a few days she stops and i don't hear from her for another six months. i recently was able to get her address (i did call the ex boyfriend for this, and found out that she once stabbed him). obviously this woman is a bit nutty, but luckily she doesn't know where i live....i just want to be left alone! please, i hope someone can tell me whether i have grounds for a restraining order.undefined


Senior Member
Go down to your local court house and file for one. I have a problem with your story, but a judge may grant you one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential