• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lynqwn

What is the name of your state? Ohio
We have recently found out our 17 year old daughter has been seeing a 23 year old married man with a wicked past. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind, if any restraining order will keep him away!! I already have a NO TRESSPASSING order from the local police dept. but want to make sure there is no contact between the two! Thanks for any help I can get.:confused: :(

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lynqwn said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
We have recently found out our 17 year old daughter has been seeing a 23 year old married man with a wicked past. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind, if any restraining order will keep him away!! I already have a NO TRESSPASSING order from the local police dept. but want to make sure there is no contact between the two! Thanks for any help I can get.:confused: :(

My response:

There's nothing you can do. The age of "consent" is 16 years of age in Ohio.

IAAL

L

lynqwn

I talked with the local police department and was told the same thing. The only thing I can do is to actually press unruley charges against my daughter and then if my wishes aren't followed I can then press charges against the guy.
Thanks for you reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">