• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lindsy

To I Am Liable
Thank you for your response and for clearing up what I did not quite understand in the first place. Opinion, and it's only mine, is once these orders are in place they should automatically work both ways. You make the rules, you live by them. Doesn't seem right that one party holding a piece of paper can harrass the other, and the only way out is concrete evidence, when the only reason that person got that piece of paper was a threat of harm to one self and family prior to court date. Talk about who should fear harm from who. It would seem logical that these things should automatically work both ways. Thanks again for you quick responses....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I understand your opinion. But, remember when I said:

"Unless otherwise ordered by the court to be "reciprocal" Restraining Orders for both parties, then such orders are only "One Party" and "One Way" orders."

That means, when you showed up at the hearing, you had a choice to ask the judge to make the orders "reciprocal". But, since you didn't ask, and the "issue" wasn't before the judge, the judge made the orders "one-way".

But, following my suggestions in my other posts to you, you've really got a terrific case for damages. I'd see an attorney if I were you. There's a pot o' gold waiting for you.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

N

NGREEN

YEAH I GUESS....I WENT TO COURT FOR A RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST MY ABUSIVE HUSBAND AND AFTER BOTH OF OUR TESTIMONIES THE JUDGE RULED THAT WE 'WERE BOTH AT FAULT' AND THAT HE COULDNT COMMUNICATE, HARRASS, ABUSE, ETC.. ME AND NEITHER I TO HIM. ( EXCEPT THROUGH WRITTEN COMMUNICATION)PROTECTION....AND SHE ASKED ME IF I WAS OK WITH THE FACT SHE WAS MAKING THE ORDER 'MUTUAL' I SAID ID DINT CARE....BUT THE POINT IS THAT JUST EXEMPLIFIES THE FACT THAT YES A RESTRAING ORDER IS USUALLY ONE WAY..UNLESS SO SPECIFIED BY THE ORDER OF THE COURT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">