• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

connie bell

i am in texas, a one woman personnel dept. with a problem.
a boyfriend of a coworker repeatedly annoys other employees, trying to pick fights in the parking lot of the business. the police say a restraining order is not an option, due to the fact this coworker invites him to drive her to and from work. she is paid hourly, leaves with him at morning break, lunch break, afternoon break. this coworker was repeatedly taking long breaks and lunches, so her supervisor has required her to clock in/out each time she leaves the building for the past 30 days. she has done this on time. from past performance, once she no longer must clock in/out each time she leaves the building, she will return to her old habits. our employees are busy doing their own work and her supervisor says she does not have time to baby sit. why not fire her you might ask? a legal advisor warned the president of our company not to fire the employee, because the boyfriend is african american, and has made frequent remarks to the effect that our problems with him are racially motivated. this accusation is totally unfounded. but could take time and $ to defend in court.
the boyfriend has been told personnally by our co. president that he must follow the rules which apply to every other visitor, he cannot loiter in the lobby waiting two hours in the air conditioning for his girlfriend, he cannot come inside the building through a back door or knock on the back door demanding that the person who answers get his girlfriend to come to the door, because he needs to speak to her. this interupts two employees, causing them to stop working.
the supervisor of this coworker , not long ago, had her p/u truck stollen from the business parking lot around 9:30 a.m. it was later found set on fire in a field. yes, the new tires were missing, but was it coincidental? made me suspicious and worried, because I'm the one that was told to ask the police for a restraining order, somehow the boyfriend found that out and called me. he has not threatened me, if he does, then the police could do something. as it is, all the local police know this guy and did have a talk with him. we are coming to the end of her 30 days of clocking in/out, she will most likely revert to being late again, and her employment might be terminated. i wonder what the boyfriend will do then? information about any legal action we could take will be greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Install cameras, everywhere. Not only for this singular instance of her boyfriend, but also for everyone's safety in the future - - not to mention the proof you might need for any criminal activities that might occur.

Also, a new company policy should be written, for all employees, that employee friends, family or anyone who may drop off or pick up employees, shall not enter the company private property - - unless that person intends to immediately conduct company business of which your company does business. Tell the employees that this is for eveyone's safety, and there are no exceptions to this rule, that it shall be presumed that each employee has informed such other persons, and that any infractions of the rule is considered a breach of safety and security, and cause for immediate termination.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">