• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restricted stock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I received a significant number of shares of stock for "services rendered" at the last company I worked for. I have the certificate, but was told that they stock was "restricted" so I was not able to sell or assign it for one year, or until it was registered. this doesn't sound right to me, as it is for services already performed, but if it is correct, how can I find out if they've registered those securities yet? and how would I go about offering them for sale if I'm holding onto the certificate?

I greatly appreciate any feedback.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential