• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaliation or Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vrd1124

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I filed a grievance in June 2002. The Director and I met with the Compensation Committee on July 13, 2002 to discuss it. Before 7/13 I had no write-ups. Since 7/13 I have been written up three times. The first time for something that was not my fault. They could have verified my statements by asking the person who was at fault. They chose to let the write-up stand. The second time, I was written up for "being uppity" according to someone else. This is based entirely on her statement of a conversation between her and me on the phone. the third time for not having a purchase order for ordering tablecloths and tables for two separate events that were in June 2002. The tablecloths and the tables were ordered by two other employees. All this could have been easily verified had they tried. I have been called to the Director's office for letting another employee who was crying, sit in my office. I have been called to the Director's office because another employee "said" I told the crying person to call her brother-in-law, who used to be the chairman of our board of Director. No amount of denial from changed his mind. He said " you did it" The person who wrote me up for the purchase orders was not even employed until June24th. After both events. Help!!!!:mad:

Beth3

In order to offer an opinion as to whether this could be prohibited retalliation, you need to post back and advise us what your grievance was about. Since you and your director met with the compensation committee following, I presume it has something to do with your wages?

vrd1124

Our company had some past due accounts. he said if I would work on them and get them paid, I would get a percentage of what was collected. Then because of something like my 26 year old son not shaking his hand, he got mad at me and said he would not pay me. I filed a grievance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">