• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retaliation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monsterdog

I was fired from my job when I drove my mother to federal court to testity in a EEOC suit against a County Sheriff.My mother and I worked for the Sheriff's Dept.My mother had her own EEOC suit against the Sheriff for Sexual Harrassment.When the Sheriff saw me at the trail I was fired.The EEOC found evidence that this was relaliation against me because of my mother.My lawyer says that since I was not an active part of that trial,I have no retaliation.Is this true? Thank you for your time.

ALawyer

Do you want someone to get in the middle of a dispute between you and your lawyer?

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

A

Attorney_Replogle

Given the small amount of facts that you have provided to us, I would tend to agree with the findings of the EEOC. However, I don't know on what your private attorney has based his opinion. Moreover, I don't know if your attorney is an experienced employment law attorney. Or, if he/she is, does he/she have experience representing governmental employees such as yourself. This type of experience is important since the rules are different and somewhat more difficult to learn then those applicable to employees of private employers. OK?

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">