• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return adopted child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
IF bio mom wants the child..let bio mom do 99.98% of the leg and legal work but for the final signature by OP.
But... That won't satisfy OP.

OP *wants* to be free of the "problematic" human child.

Illinois. I adopted a child at birth through a private adoption. I felt very pressured by her relatives to take the child in. The child Is now 5 years old. The Mother claimed no knowledge of the father. She also claimed no drugs were involved. And she was choosing to put child up for adoption. Since then she is claiming she was date- raped. Knows the father and was coerced by her own parents to relinquish child for adoption. She was young then and made bad choices but is in a better life now.. she now is stating that wants to be more involved in the kids life or that she would like the child back.. i know she signed to terminate her rights. But i do believe her parents pressured her to adopt out to save their own "name-shame". The child does exhibit worrisome behaviors that are typically found in kids exposed to drugs in utero, or it could be mental illness. I do not have the time or energy to assimilate the Mother into my life for "involvement" What can i legally do?
So, you felt "pressured" to adopt the child? Why? Seriously, why were you singled out to be pressured.

Originally the child was 4, now the child is 5.

How do you know that the "worrisome" behaviors aren't just normal quirks?

What you can "legally" do depends on what you want to do. I get not wanting the biological mother in your life. What I don't get is you wanting to return the kid to the biological mother like a defective toy. But, be that as it may, if that is legally what you want to do, then she has to legally adopt the child back. Legally, you could retain a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">