• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return of Company equipment California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernogoddess

So I live in, work in and my company is based in California (I worked in Field Marketing). I told my manager that I had a surgery that was going to need to be performed and that it may take up to 6 weeks to return to work. I was "involunatarly terminated" about 2 weeks later. Now the company is requesting back the equipment that was sent to me to perform the duties of my job while employed. As far as I know under California Labor Law they can not demand that I return the products. Please correct me if I am wrong or point me to somewhere I can find out. They are giving me 2 days to return the equipment.

justalayman

are you saying they cannot demand the return of their property of the cannot make you return it and would have to retrieve it themselves?

Alex23

Did you sign or agree to some type of employment contract? Are you talking about a size 40 long suit, or seven cases of rockstar that you served at your last party?

pattytx

Of course they can demand return of the equipment. It's their property for heaven's sake. They just can't deduct the COST of the nonreturned equipment from your final paycheck.

I'm assuming FMLA is not applicable here (relative to the termination, has nothing to do with the return of the equipment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">