• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return of the tow-away fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dimagavr

What is the name of your state? California

I parked in a permit required area. The permit is supposed to hang from the rear view mirror.

The permit was there.

Neither the manager nor the truck driver saw it, so they towed my car. When I came to the property manager's office, the manager claimed to return my money if the permit was there and if it was her mistake.

When I came to the tow company, one of the workers brought the car out to the gates. Before me and my friend even touched the car we asked the worker if the permit was hanging on the rear view mirror. He confirmed. Then we asked him to call the manager and tell her that. He called the manager and told her that the permit is there, but it was fliped.

The manager now claims that it was not clearly visible and so I might not get my full refund back.

Today, I showed the manager that there is no way you could not see the permit if it is on the rear view mirror. There is no way it can be fliped and not be visible.

Bottom line: Do I have a case if the manager will refuse to give me the full refund?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">