• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reverse age discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prabbit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota. Unfortunately I chose a field where all of the workers turn out to be considerably older than I. This creates problems because most of the people I work with have 20-30 years experience on me. I have much more education and training than the people I work with, they also treat as if I am a kid and I am almost always the first person laid off. I have worked for many companies who laid me off so they could hire someone who had more experience than I. I have 10 years experience, but someone getting ready to retire has about 40. I really feel as if I have been treated unfairly by most of my employers. Is there anything I can do about this.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There's no such thing as reverse age discrimination. Age discrimination is defined BY STATUTE as starting at age 40. If you are under 40, then by legal definition it is not age discrimination.

Beth3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota. Unfortunately I chose a field where all of the workers turn out to be considerably older than I. This creates problems because most of the people I work with have 20-30 years experience on me. I have much more education and training than the people I work with, they also treat as if I am a kid and I am almost always the first person laid off. I have worked for many companies who laid me off so they could hire someone who had more experience than I. I have 10 years experience, but someone getting ready to retire has about 40. I really feel as if I have been treated unfairly by most of my employers. Is there anything I can do about this.
No. Your employers are making decisions in favor of individuals who have 2 - 4 times more years of experience than you do. There is nothing illegal about that and it is not age discrimination. Most people wouldn't even think it's unfair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">