• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reverse Corner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scheer

What is the name of your state? AZ

I am trying to find out what a reverse corner is, and if we can get a variance? My husband and I would like to add a garage to the side of our home, but the township said that we are on a reverse corner, and we must build 25 feet inside the property line, that leaves us two feet, so we are unable to build. We were told its an Arizona law. No one can give a true explaination of what it is. Someone told us it is only two lots, between 2 streets. If thats the case there are many homes that are on reverse corners, and are not 25 feet in the property line. Is there anything we can do, besides move. We have had our winter home here for 8 years, and have wonderful neighbors. They don,t have a problem with us adding an attached garage.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Scheer said:
What is the name of your state? AZ

I am trying to find out what a reverse corner is, and if we can get a variance? My husband and I would like to add a garage to the side of our home, but the township said that we are on a reverse corner, and we must build 25 feet inside the property line, that leaves us two feet, so we are unable to build. We were told its an Arizona law. No one can give a true explaination of what it is. Someone told us it is only two lots, between 2 streets. If thats the case there are many homes that are on reverse corners, and are not 25 feet in the property line. Is there anything we can do, besides move. We have had our winter home here for 8 years, and have wonderful neighbors. They don,t have a problem with us adding an attached garage.What is the name of your state?
Here is a picture of a reverse corner lot and a definition. If you want a variance, you have to ask your local zoning authorities.

http://www.ci.arlington.tx.us/build/reversecornerlot.html

Section 18.06.305 Lot, reverse corner.

"Reverse corner lot" means a lot having its side street line substantially a continuation of the front lot line of the first lot to its rear. The side yard along the street side of a reverse corner lot shall not be less than the required front yard for principal buildings along such a side street. (Ord. 692-1996 § 1 (part))

http://www.city-woodlandpark.org/planningDepartment/Ord/Title_18/06/305.html

Scheer

Thank you so much for the diagram and defination.Now I think I understand what I am looking for, but what is the purpose of the ordinance? Is it for visability? The vacant lot behind our house, which is the reverse from us, is at the top of a hill. Looking at the diagram, ours being the bottom home, and
at the bottom of the hill. Will they have to put their driveway, on the main street, or could they come out on the side street, opposite from us? Is our home zoned different? Can I check on tax records for other reverse corners? I see other homes that are between two street, (2 homes), and they don't meet these requirements.
I greatly appreciate you taking your time to help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">