• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoked License in New Mexico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desertoasis

In 2008 I refused the sobriety testing and was charged. Went to court and case dismissed. At that time I had a Florida drivers license, but in 2014 I got a NM Driver license. Yesterday I was told by an insurance rep that my NM license is revoked. I called MVD, on hold an hour, then a VERY young lady who I could barely understand told me that someone would call me back within 72 hours. I opted for a online driver record, which shows revoked..Action Code RENFEE, Violation Code WOO, Admin Begin Date 8/2008 End date 8/9999...how can this be fixed? Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In 2008 I refused the sobriety testing and was charged. Went to court and case dismissed. At that time I had a Florida drivers license, but in 2014 I got a NM Driver license. Yesterday I was told by an insurance rep that my NM license is revoked. I called MVD, on hold an hour, then a VERY young lady who I could barely understand told me that someone would call me back within 72 hours. I opted for a online driver record, which shows revoked..Action Code RENFEE, Violation Code WOO, Admin Begin Date 8/2008 End date 8/9999...how can this be fixed? Thanks!
That would be a great question to ask the folks in NM. You probably should hire an attorney for assistance.

Zigner

Action Code RENFEE makes me think they want your money (FEE)
"Reinstatement Fee" perhaps? I suspect that the license was suspended (administratively) due to the failure to to submit to the sobriety test. This would be totally separate from the criminal action and would be dealt with separately. If the OP failed to do so, his suspension is likely still in effect, which means that the OP falsely stated on his NM application that his license wasn't suspended in another state. Such a falsification could lead to a revocation of the NM license.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Ok, so you had a Florida license at the time. But in what state did the DUI stop occur?

desertoasis

Taxing Matters....the stop was in NM, 2008, the case was dismissed in court. I was never notified of revocation, I had an soon to expire FL license in 2014 so I went & got a NM license (Zigner, never stated anything about suspension ...was never asked), they punched a hole in my Florida license and handed it back to me with my newly acquired NM DL ...the reason I found out is I applied for policy from different insurance company & they called & told me yesterday that my license was revoked. Is there a statute of limitations on these kinds of things? This is from nearly 11 years ago!! geez, lol o_O I spoke with an attorney...he said it would cost $1500 'for this kind of case' pulling all the old documents etc....Our total monthly income (SS) is less than that

Zigner

Taxing Matters....the stop was in NM, 2008, the case was dismissed in court. I was never notified of revocation, I had an soon to expire FL license in 2014 so I went & got a NM license (Zigner, never stated anything about suspension ...was never asked), they punched a hole in my Florida license and handed it back to me with my newly acquired NM DL ...the reason I found out is I applied for policy from different insurance company & they called & told me yesterday that my license was revoked. Is there a statute of limitations on these kinds of things? This is from nearly 11 years ago!! geez, lol o_O
Your refusal to submit to the sobriety test caused your license to be "suspended" (REVOKED) in NM for one year. At the end of that year, you needed to take the proper steps for reinstatement of your license. Go down to a local field office and talk to someone if you aren't able to get through on the phone.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You refused a Field Sobriety Test or a chemical test of your breath, blood, or urine after being arrested?

I'm guessing it's the latter - which means an immediate one year revocation of your NM license/driving privilege. This is administrative as Zigner mentioned and has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the criminal charges against you were dropped. You are not allowed to refuse a chemical test.

xylene

It is imperative that you NOT DRIVE until this is sorted.

You should visit a NM MVD facility and discuss IN PERSON what you need to do for reinstatement

I could barely understand told me that someone would call me back within 72 hours
Failing that, don't drive, and be patient for the 72 hours until you can be serviced by telephone, but honestly I suspect you will have to go in because you need to present a number of documents.

You may have to take classes or prove you have taken them before.

Don't get hung up on that they issued you a license. That only means they made a procedural mistake.
This isn't monopoly - their mistake does not work in your favor.

Zigner

You may have to take classes or prove you have taken them before.
I don't believe that will be a requirement since the OP was never convicted of the dui.

From my prior link:

66-5-33.1. Reinstatement of driver's license or registration; ignition interlock; fee. (2009)

A. Whenever a driver's license or registration is suspended or revoked and an application has been made for its reinstatement, compliance with all appropriate provisions of the Motor Vehicle Code [66-1-1 NMSA 1978] and the payment of a fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) is a prerequisite to the reinstatement of any license or registration.

B. If a driver's license was revoked for driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, for aggravated driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs or pursuant to the Implied Consent Act [66-8-105 NMSA 1978], the following are required to reinstate the driver's license:

(1) an additional fee of seventy-five dollars ($75.00);

(2) completion of the license revocation period;

(3) satisfaction of any court-ordered ignition interlock requirements; and

(4) a minimum of six months of driving with an ignition interlock license with no attempts to circumvent or tamper with the ignition interlock device.

desertoasis

I suspect something is royally botched up in his case on the MVD end.
Oh yeah I am pretty sure that's a fact...this IS NM after all!
(4) a minimum of six months of driving with an ignition interlock license with no attempts to circumvent or tamper with the ignition interlock device.
I guess this is what I will need ^, the license revocation period was shown as 8/9/2008 ending 8/9/2009, but did not even happen until 2014, so I've been driving for 5 years almost on revoked without any kind of notification, while renewing tags every year , renewing insurance etc etc
I may try to research filing paperwork myself, but I suspect the trip to local MVD is in order, though packing a lunch, and leaving my spouse with COPD alone at home to wait probably hours, watching while no one in the building will know what to do, haha
Grateful for the input, really appreciate the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">