• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoking a Non court ordered temporary guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrsacantu

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I had gotten a drug charge & I was afraid that DHS would take my son who has autism. I panicked giving my dad temporary guardianship . The judge signed the documents but the guardianship was not court ordered. How do I go about revoking the temporary guardianship? Do I have to go through court or can I just file a petition with the court clerks office?

Last edited:

LdiJ

I had gotten a drug charge & I was afraid that DHS would take my son who has autism. I panicked giving my dad temporary guardianship . The judge signed the documents but the guardianship was not court ordered. How do I go about revoking the temporary guardianship? Do I have to go through court or can I just file a petition with the court clerks office?
It is a court order because it was signed off by a judge. Therefore you will need to go though court to revoke the guardianship. However, you normally start that process by filing a petition with the court clerk's office, so I am confused about what you think is the difference.

Eekamouse

You don't mention anything about getting off drugs so one has to wonder if you are clean now. The judge will wonder, too.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
  1. How long has your son been with Grandpa?
  2. What was the drug charge (misdemeanor, felony)?
  3. Were you found guilty? If so, what was the penalty (fine, sentence)?
  4. When was the last time you used drugs?

If you have been clean for less than a year, then I think that you should continue working on that. Do try to set up at least supervised visitation in the interim. I think therapeutic visitation could also be very useful: your son probably has some very conflicted feelings regarding you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">