• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revoking parole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khonesty21

What is the name of your state? Missouri

A brief history.... A close friend was sentenced to 30yrs at the age of 19 for disarming a hwy patrolman. He served 13 years and was released on parole. Been out for 3 1/2 years, held a full time job and has a 2 year old son. About 2 months ago his truck was being repossessed and he ended up in a fight with tow truck driver. The state has charged him with assault. The parole office issued a warrant for his arrest despite his PO's recommendation to continue Parole and take anger management classes. He is now in custody and waiting to go before the parole board. Time is not on our side. He still has to answer to the charges of assault. Our question is... Is there any way to have that assault charge thrown out or dismissed? This is a misdemeanor and we have been told if we can get those charges thrown out that the parole board will not have a conviction in which to revoke his parole. We need this to happen. He really is a good guy and does not deserve to do another 13 years for a misdemeanor. What will the parole board take into consideration and does he have a chance?

Thank you for your immediate advice.

KP

markg4468

Parole Revocation

New York State

Re: Parole Revocation...I am very familiar with Parole Law but keep in mind I am in NY State...I am sure that the guidelines are NOT much different....
Even if the case "is" dismissed, there is still the issue of Police Contact. From what you said about his "instant offense" meaning what his orig. crime was in the first place for him to get the prision time, I am SURE the parole board is not going to go lightly on him...
My best advice is for him to get a PAID lawyer, one who knows Parole Law/Guidelines and Criminal Law . Work out a package deal with the Attny. to handle both cases. In NY State his "instant offense" would make him a category one which is due to the violence involved. Minimum sentence on his first violation would be 1year..It is imperative for the criminal charges to go away for him to even have a remote chance for an "alternative to incarseration"...Hope I helped ans. u/r questions...Good Luck
Mark

Last edited:

JETX

khonesty21 said:
Is there any way to have that assault charge thrown out or dismissed?
There is no way that anyone can answer that without a FULL review of the complaint. I suggest that he get an attorney who can review the FULL facts of the case and advise what, if any, options are available.

He really is a good guy and does not deserve to do another 13 years for a misdemeanor.
Gee, I doubt that the lender who he stiffed on his promise to pay would agree with that. Nor would the tow truck driver who he assaulted for simply trying to do his job.

What will the parole board take into consideration
They will consider that he assaulted some poor guy who was trying to do his job.

and does he have a chance?
There is always a 'chance'.

Thank you for your immediate advice.
We'll see if you really mean that in your response.

markg4468

To;Mr. Perfect..Jetx

I guess by your sarcasm about this young ladies problem that you are perfect and have never made a mistake...You probably never paid a bill late either huh? That's right.....Mommy and Daddy prolly pay them......Keep your sarcasm to yourself....Some people really need help not your assanine comments...

JETX

markg4468 said:
I guess by your sarcasm about this young ladies problem that you are perfect and have never made a mistake...You probably never paid a bill late either huh? That's right.....Mommy and Daddy prolly pay them......Keep your sarcasm to yourself....Some people really need help not your assanine comments...
Do you really think your measly little SIX posts (and NONE of them of any accuracy or benefit to anyone) somehow gives your whining and crying some kind of value?? Of course it doesn't. You are a pimple on the ass of legal knowledge.

I am very familiar with Parole Law
I'll bet you are!! :rolleyes:

And from your own posts.... more to show your 'talents':
"Just found out that in 1996 there was a Gr.Larceny warrant logged while there on business".

You're as useless as your posts. :eek:

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

khonesty21 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

He really is a good guy and does not deserve to do another 13 years for a misdemeanor.

My response:

You cannot POSSIBLY be serious.

You think this ass-hole is a "good guy"? Gee, if this jerk is a "good guy," I'd hate to see a Missouri trailer trash "bad guy."

The idiot disarmed an officer of the law! That means, the officer didn't willingly hand over his gun. It means there was also a fight between him and the officer, and more than probably an assault with a deady weapon on an Officer charge - - in addition to why the officer stopped him in the first place!

And then, he fights a Repo Man?

You are either a Dufus, just like your friend, or you're simply a Dufus. Either way, you're as dumb as a bucket of rocks.

Yeah, that idiot friend needs to go back to prison. Apparently, the first 13 years did nothing for him.

IAAL

rr_adams8

there's a lot of insult flinging going on in this site. people come here for help and well, they get it, but also a lot of unnecessary bull**** from people who are obviously oh so better than everyone else. decency? not much. please tell us what makes you a superior human being.

sadistic, stereotypical, overassuming tyrants

Last edited:

JETX

rr_adams8 said:
there's a lot of insult flinging going on in this site. people come here for help and well, they get it, but also a lot of unnecessary bull**** from people who are obviously oh so better than everyone else. decency? not much. please tell us what makes you a superior human being.

sadistic, stereotypical, overassuming tyrants
And yet another 'one post wonder'. Must be a full moon with all these fools coming from the woodwork!! :eek:

rr_adams8

yeah...i'm a fool because i have only one post. i just found this site. you were a one post wonder too, weren't you?

you take much pride in the number of posts you've made. that must be the highlight of your pathetic little life. this is what you do in your time...you must have a lot of it and be really bored. nothing better to do except "help" people and put them down while doing it.

JETX

rr_adams8 said:
yeah...i'm a fool because i have only one post. i just found this site. you were a one post wonder too, weren't you?
See the huge difference between our first posts.... yours was just whining and bitching... while mine was accurate legal advice to the OP.

you take much pride in the number of posts you've made. that must be the highlight of your pathetic little life. this is what you do in your time...you must have a lot of it and be really bored. nothing better to do except "help" people and put them down while doing it.
Tell ya' what..... do a search of my posts with responses by OP's with 'thank you'.... and compare them with yours. Wanna' bet that my 'thank you' ratio is about 1000 to one for yours?? Oh, that's right.... you only have TWO posts and NO "thank you's"!! :eek: 'Nuff said.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rr_adams8]

MY RESPONSE: It's really not too difficult to be "superior" when the person you're being compared to was convicted of "disarming a hwy patrolman" and beating up a Repo Man.

You see, civilized people don't do those things, and civilized people don't think it's okay.

And, for some odd reason, you don't believe that society should show it's distain for this criminal. Crimes must be natural for you.

IAAL

IAAL Made a boo-boo

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
MY RESPONSE: It's really not too difficult to be "superior" when the person you're being compared to was convicted of "disarming a hwy patrolman" and beating up a Repo Man.

You see, civilized people don't do those things, and civilized people don't think it's okay.

And, for some odd reason, you don't believe that society should show it's distain for this criminal. Crimes must be natural for you.

IAAL
"Disdain" - A feeling of contempt for what is beneath one, SCORN

"Distain" - To take away from the color of

Your homework assignment: Write disdain 100 times.

markg4468

You should all be ashamed of u/r self.....

Are u done patting u/rself on the back?????
Hope so...U are helping NO ONE jerk!

PS
I forgot more about the Law than you prolly know....
Get a life instead of parasiting off of other's peoples problems..

Compared to what you wrote" get a lawyer"....My 13yr old daughter coulda figured that one out slick....DUH!

Keep patting u/rself on the back, get a life and get some therapy while u are at it...At least we don't pretend to be anything more than what we are..Evreyone but you has made mistakes in their past....Thankfully it is not our total character yet only a decision we made at that time.....

I prolly paid more in income tax last year than you made PERIOD!! Espically if you are depending on earning a living doling out the advice that you have been....."get a lawyer"....NO! Really??? DUH! Where's u/r helmet spec. ed?
Grow up!

JETX

markg4468 said:
Are u done patting u/rself on the back?????
Hope so...U are helping NO ONE jerk!

PS
I forgot more about the Law than you prolly know....
Get a life instead of parasiting off of other's peoples problems..

Compared to what you wrote" get a lawyer"....My 13yr old daughter coulda figured that one out slick....DUH!

Keep patting u/rself on the back, get a life and get some therapy while u are at it...At least we don't pretend to be anything more than what we are..Evreyone but you has made mistakes in their past....Thankfully it is not our total character yet only a decision we made at that time.....

I prolly paid more in income tax last year than you made PERIOD!! Espically if you are depending on earning a living doling out the advice that you have been....."get a lawyer"....NO! Really??? DUH! Where's u/r helmet spec. ed?
Grow up!
Jeeeze...
Another idiot who can't spell worth a crap.... and obviously lives in a made up world where he thinks we believe his random droolings.
If you even made half of what you think you did, buy a friggin' dictionary and spell-checker. Your lack of any education is obvious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">