• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right to a harassment free workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susanaz

What is the name of your state? Arizona Is there any law in AZ or a Federal law that gives a person in AZ the right to a harassment free workplace?

Beth3

susanaz said:
Any type of verbal, psychological, or physical harassment. Nothing to do with sexuaLharassment.
Only harassment due to gender, race, religion, handicap, national origin, age, and a few other protected categories is prohibited. The boss or co-workers being jerks is not against the law, even if the employee has good reason to complain to company management about the situation.

susanaz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Look in the company kitchen. The rules are posted on the wall.

IAAL
Are you stating this as the law in az or have you been in the company kitchen where I work?

matti422

State laws on employment are required to be posted. It's usually in the company kitchen, breakroom, cafeteria or other frequently visited place so people will see it.

susanaz

????????

InsuranceLadyAZ said:
Another product of our fine Arizona public school system, I'm sure.
Is this reply meant as an insult? My response was meant to be humorous. I apoligize if I offended you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">