• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right To Know Information Recieved To Police About Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

If your question is involving what right you have to learn about what the police have been told or learned about you, the answer is generally: very little, or, none at all. It depends on what you are asking for and who is asking.

- carl

Terri J

Informant

CdwJava said:
If your question is involving what right you have to learn about what the police have been told or learned about you, the answer is generally: very little, or, none at all. It depends on what you are asking for and who is asking.

- carl
The real question I really need to know is if I have the right to know who has given the information. Who is the informant or informants?

CdwJava

Terri J said:
The real question I really need to know is if I have the right to know who has given the information. Who is the informant or informants?
If the case goes to court, then it might be pertinent. If it does NOT go to court, then chances are slim to none that you will find out who dimed you off.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">