• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights as Trustee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anabsoluteangel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia
Irrevocable Trust created in Georgia...my father, who created this trust with me named at Trustee has married and called and wanted me to sign papers dissolving said trust. He would not allow me to read the documents so I refused my signature. He informed me I could be notified via certified letter that I was being removed as the trustee and that he could dissolve the trust anyway. Is this legal? Also, his CPA nor his attorney's office will disclose any information as to the value of said trust, can they do that? Please HELP!

pojo2

anabsoluteangel said:
Is this legal? Also, his CPA nor his attorney's office will disclose any information as to the value of said trust, can they do that? Please HELP!
Yes it is legal.

Why should they discuss it with you the money ain't yours yet.

yes, they can do that

Help what?

Is he of sound mind and body? If so it is his money/things to do with as he pleases until such time as his death.

Dandy Don

Eat crow and tell him you are willing to sign whatever he wants you to, so that he will still be inclined to keep you as a beneficiary in the trust.

He is obviously changing the trust to give his wife a share of it, and you should not be threatened by that.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">