• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights of a Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA I am asking a question about CPS, if a child was removed from the fathers custody because of abuse from a live-in girlfriend and put into mothers custody and for 7 months the lived there. Father appealed the decision and went to court, this father is a jailer in the county so judges know the family really well. Custody went back to the father.
Here is the problem, with in just a month of the child being back with him the child comes for the weekend visitation and her lip is busted inside and out. One the way home she tells about her dad hitting her in the mouth with his hand, then still having to sit and read with it bleeding. Her teachers didn't question the injury, then at Sunday school when ask for prayers the little girl ask that her daddy not hit her anymore. The pastor called CPS, they never do anything to this father. What are the chances of going higher up in the Social Services to get help for this little one.
Someone has got to look at this abuse she is only 7 and he leaves her alone to ride fence on the farm, leaves her in a hot truck with window up while he is inside a house. Please tell me what I can do to point this mother in the direction she needs to get action.

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Who are you in this situation?

Has mom taken the child to the emergency room when she came with a split lip? Has mom had an attorney when in court? Did mom ever file for custody? Is the child in counseling? How do you know the pastor called CPS? How do you know that CPS is not doing anything? Has anyone called the police when the child was LEFT in a hot truck? Why didn't the child get out of the truck if she was hot and they were not moving? Why didn't mother report the incident on the way home?

Logically some of what you stated does not make sense.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA I am asking a question about CPS, if a child was removed from the fathers custody because of abuse from a live-in girlfriend and put into mothers custody and for 7 months the lived there. Father appealed the decision and went to court, this father is a jailer in the county so judges know the family really well. Custody went back to the father.
Here is the problem, with in just a month of the child being back with him the child comes for the weekend visitation and her lip is busted inside and out. One the way home she tells about her dad hitting her in the mouth with his hand, then still having to sit and read with it bleeding. Her teachers didn't question the injury, then at Sunday school when ask for prayers the little girl ask that her daddy not hit her anymore. The pastor called CPS, they never do anything to this father. What are the chances of going higher up in the Social Services to get help for this little one.
Someone has got to look at this abuse she is only 7 and he leaves her alone to ride fence on the farm, leaves her in a hot truck with window up while he is inside a house. Please tell me what I can do to point this mother in the direction she needs to get action.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">