• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights of Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrysnJ795

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

We have a family situation in which my moms siblings are demanding receipts of purchase, copies of life ins policies, will, bank statements, basically all financial information regarding my grandmother whom is in an assisted living facility and in Hospice care. As POA does my mom have to provide these documents to her siblings?? Do they have any legal recourse should she choose not to provide the documents requested?

anteater

Unless the document creating the power specified that your mother make all this stuff available to her siblings, then she does not have to provide it to them.

Everybody has legal recourse in the sense that anybody can petition the court to force someone else to do something. Whether the court would force your mother to hand stuff over would depend on Ohio law.

Some of what they are asking for seems to me to be over the top. Frankly, your mother should have all the financial information well-organized so that producing income and net worth statements is a snap. But, it is up to your mother. She can stonewall and see if the siblings are willing to go to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">