• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights Violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nrodriguez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
I was renting a house and I subleased the lower level to four sex offenders there parole officer found out that I was on probation and told me that If I did not vacate the house that he would violate me so I left, I tried to come back a month later and called the parole officer and told him that I am going to return home and I need to have him take his sex offenders out of the house, he told me that I could not return back home because he was not going to pull his guys out and he did not want me around his guys, In the beginning when all of this happened he had told me that if and when I decide I want to come back I can as long as I know that there would be consiquences for me by putting him through the inconvience of pulling his guys out, so at this point I just did not care of the consiquence instead he told me if I try to come back he would violate me . My common law wife was able to stay until the lease was up then he talked the landlord to get her out as well by not renewing her lease she was told all along that the lease would be renewed then they gave her only five days to get out or she would be forfeiting her security deposit, I want to know whom can I contact to file charges against this parole officer, and also at this time the landlord has not returned the security deposite have called and left numerous messages and no response.

justalayman

how were your rights violated? You subleased the apartment to the sex offenders. You should know the rules of your probation. If you had no legal right to evict your sub-lessees, then you caused the problem. The PO was only enforcing the law.

as to the moving out without proper notice; kind of late to do anything about it now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">