• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ripped off by business that closed down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nancylin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
Hi, I don't know if this is the forum to post on, but am hoping someone could help me out.
I received an online advertisement in March for body wraps that I thought would be a good thing to look into since I had just had a baby and needed a body detox. So I found a place called Body Wraps Plus in Fort Worth, Texas on Mar 31st and went ahead and purchased four wraps alltogether since they were running a special that weekend. I paid $281 in advance thinking that I could save alot if I purchased them together and I used up one of the wraps that day. Well, today I decided to set another appt up this weekend and when I called the phone was disconnected. I called Washington Mutual to see if they could help me out and the told me that there was nothing they could do and that I could not request a refund for a purchase I had made more than 60 days ago. Is that right? I have never heard of such a law. If that's true what can I do to get my money back? What keeps a business from opening up, stealing money from honest hard-working people , and closing down before they receive service? If there are other question, please ask. Thanks.:(

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
Hi, I don't know if this is the forum to post on, but am hoping someone could help me out.
I received an online advertisement in March for body wraps that I thought would be a good thing to look into since I had just had a baby and needed a body detox. So I found a place called Body Wraps Plus in Fort Worth, Texas on Mar 31st and went ahead and purchased four wraps alltogether since they were running a special that weekend. I paid $281 in advance thinking that I could save alot if I purchased them together and I used up one of the wraps that day. Well, today I decided to set another appt up this weekend and when I called the phone was disconnected. I called Washington Mutual to see if they could help me out and they told me that I could not request a refund for a purchase I had made more than 60 days later. Is that right? I have never heard of such a law. If that's true what can I do to get my money back. What keeps a business from opening up, stealing honest hard-working people's money, and closing down before they receive service? If there are other question, please ask. Thanks.:(

**A: I guess you paid by credit card so you need to follow their instructions and dispute in writing with an explanation. Send the letter via certified rrr mail.

nancylin

The Wamu rep I talked to just said she couldn't help me because the transaction had been more than 60 days then asked if I needed anything else.

nancylin

It was actually from my checking account. How do I show proof that I did not get the services if there is no way to reach the body wrap salon since they are out of business?

Antigone*

It was actually from my checking account. How do I show proof that I did not get the services if there is no way to reach the body wrap salon since they are out of business?
You cannot dispute a check card transaction in the same way you would a credit card transaction. A check card transaction can be disputed in cases of fraud only. And yes, 60 days is the limit.

Talking to your bank will get you nowhere on this one. Sorry, wish I could have been more help

I am afraid you are out of luck.

Without a credit card purchase, your only choice is to sue the wrap place. Since they are out of business, you are unfortunately out of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">