• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ripped off by Cingular Wireless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prq20

What is the name of your state?AZ,

One Advice to readers:
Do Not Buy Any Cingular Phone with Contract.............

I have been a customer of ATT Wireless (Now Cingular) since 2002. In 2004, after 9-10 months of continuation with the same company (My fault), I overused my phone and got some extra charges. I was using the phone without any contract and when I contacted the customer care for help, they asked me to renew the agreement and they will settle the charges. I originally had one year agreement with them and when they renewed I thought that because it is a RENEWAL it should be on same terms and conditions. They just read the agreement on the phone but did not tell me if it is a two year agreeement. Some days back when I called them, I came to know that they have put me into a two years agreement.

There service and and Customer Care are getting worse day by day.

My Question is:

1) As my original agreement was for one year, Renewal should be for the same period too. They have put me into two years agreement, what are my choices?

2) Is there any law by FCC or Cingular under which I can suspend my service for three months, while paying minimum charges (In case of T-Mobile, I can do that while paying just $10 a month) as I am going out of the country?

Please guide me.
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">