• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RN Employment Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsVetRn

Recently, you answered my questions regarding my Employment Contract (June12) after I was injured on the job. My company attempted to get reimbursed from Workman's Comp for the rent they paid on my apt. Come to find out, it is actually part of my salary and workman's comp will add some money to my Compensation. My company wants me to send them a portion of my check from Workmans Comp, however after I leave here and return to my home, I will need that money to meet my normal housing expenses (it would only be an additional $60 a week in my WC check because there is a cap on the amt I can collect). PLUS, the company feels that the Travel Reimbursement should also come out of the Workman's Compensation!! What is your opinion and is this the kind of thing that a Workman's Comp attorney deals with or do they only go up against the actual Workman's Comp insurance company, who is being very good about the whole thing - so far. Your reply will once again be greatly appreciated!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your money is your money. I am not sure the direct rules on Work Comp but I do know this: employers can be very blatantly illegal in this respect. Workman's comp is there to help the injured individual, not the company to get more money.

So, as such, I do feel a Work Comp attorney will be able to help you...especially one wise in Employment Labor law practices: bad faith by employers. To find one in your state with such experience/knowledge, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR STATE BAR ASSOCIATION (call 411) and ask to speak to someone in their lawyer referral program.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">