• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roomate left

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amylife

I rent a house in Philly, Pa. Me and a friend of 9 years signed a 1 year lease together(may2000-april2001). In September,2000, she moved out without telling me or the realtor. She paid October's rent. The realtor said she would notify me if she stopped paying her half of the rent, and that she would screen a new tenant to move in with me. She never notified me she didn't pay, and now I'm being evicted in fifteen days, if I do not catch up on the rent from 1/2 of November and all of December. They also have never fixed repairs on the electrical, heating, and plumbing when requested. Is there anything I can do to stay here longer, until I find a new place?

HomeGuru

You have several remedies with respect to the repairs but it is your own fault with respect to the rent payments. Look at the L/T laws of PA for options on requesting repairs. Although it may be a little late. The Realtor needs a court order to evict you so I am not sure where the 15 days came from.
If you owe money then do not wait for the Realtor to tell you, you must take a more proactive approach by contacting the Realtor and asking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">