• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roommate harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debeye

My roommate misplaces items and claims I stole them and calls the police. Police do not arrest me but are getting very tired of coming out for these calls - what can I do?

quincy

My roommate misplaces items and claims I stole them and calls the police. Police do not arrest me but are getting very tired of coming out for these calls - what can I do?
How much longer is your lease? Does your lease allow sublets?

Debeye

Actually it is a house we are both on the deed - We are JUST business partners on the house and I cannot afford to move out

quincy

Actually it is a house we are both on the deed - We are JUST business partners on the house and I cannot afford to move out
In that case, you can tell your business partner/roommate to knock off the police complaints. Sell when you can.

bcr229

Misuse of 911 is a crime in Florida. If/when this happens again perhaps you should pull one of the cops aside and ask them to please explain that to the co-owner of your house, and the practice needs to stop.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0365/Sections/0365.172.html

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Is there a way to rearrange things to minimize common areas, and just have security cameras in entrances to common areas?

If frankly sounds like she's a bit paranoid to delusional. Has she always been like this? If not, has she had a recent medical evaluation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">