• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate-Parole Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zapley

What is the name of your state? CA

My roommate is a high risk parolee and was arrested for a DUI, so it is considered a parole violation. Here is my question, does somebody look at the good that was happening while he was out? He was a first responder to a suicide victem & at his work he was increasing business for the company. He was on parole for only 10 months on 3 years. Could anybody help me out with these questions, since I cant seem to get answers from the PO. Any help will do. Thanks

Son of Slam

Zapley said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My roommate is a high risk parolee and was arrested for a DUI, so it is considered a parole violation. Here is my question, does somebody look at the good that was happening while he was out? He was a first responder to a suicide victem & at his work he was increasing business for the company. He was on parole for only 10 months on 3 years. Could anybody help me out with these questions, since I cant seem to get answers from the PO. Any help will do. Thanks

"Suicide victim" Would that be the opposite of an oxymoron?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Zapley said:
the guy killed himself.

===================================

My response:

Well, then your friend wasn't very much help, was he?

So, because he didn't prevent the death of the guy, and as a result did as much as I did (which was nothing), it looks like your friend is going back to prison to complete his sentence from behind bars.

Society doesn't like parole violators. We give them our "trust", and then they turn around and spit at us! Well, you know the old saying, "He who laughs last, laughs best!"

Looks like society is getting the last laugh.

IAAL

calatty

What will happen is that the parole authorities will offer him a deal. If he rejects it, he can have a hearing at which he can bring up whatever he wants, but all the good he did would not make a difference. The issue is whether he violated his parole, and a DUI is a violation, period. The maximum time they can return him to custody is one year on a violation.

Z

Zapley

Thanks for the advice. It kinda answers one of my questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">