• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate Problems.. I dont know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cms41510

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

In April of this year, I signed a lease to an apartment with two other students from my university. At that time, I was aware of the fact that one of my roommates was gay, but had not anticipated it to be a problem. Since about the middle of May, this roommate has "fallen in love with me" and been following me when I go to visit my girlfriend, sending her threatening notes, sliding notes under my door, coming into my room to check for "evidence that i've been having sex" when i'm not home, threatening to commit suicide everytime I spend the night with my girlfriend, and attempting to break into my email. I have finally had enough, and want to move out.

I am fine with breaking the entire lease and paying whatever penalties occur, but since we all signed one lease, i have been informed that unless all three of us sign to break it, the lease cannot be broken. My third roommate is refusing to sign to break the lease, and has threatened to sue me in civil court if I attempt to break the lease.

There is no way I can possibly continue to live in this situation.
Is there anything I can do?

Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">