• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ROTC Disenrollment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

docrr

Pennsylvania

I am being disenrolled from ROTC for failing a drug test. Please don't pass judgement, as I did not intentionally ingest this drug. I don't use drugs, and have been tested over a dozen times through my reserve until. This makes no difference as I messed up, and now face the consequences.

I am SMP and have a 4 year scholarship, and am in my last year. I have received my disenrollment packet and have to pay back over 125k. I am being told that I will not be able to chose active duty to repay due to the failed drug test.
Furthermore, once I am disenrolled I will be released to my PA NG until to face further action.

Does anyone know anything about this process? Am I able to serve active duty? Can I repay this debt through my PA NG contract? Any information would be appreciated.

Just Blue

Pennsylvania

I am being disenrolled from ROTC for failing a drug test. Please don't pass judgement, as I did not intentionally ingest this drug. I don't use drugs, and have been tested over a dozen times through my reserve until. This makes no difference as I messed up, and now face the consequences.

I am SMP and have a 4 year scholarship, and am in my last year. I have received my disenrollment packet and have to pay back over 125k. I am being told that I will not be able to chose active duty to repay due to the failed drug test.
Furthermore, once I am disenrolled I will be released to my PA NG until to face further action.

Does anyone know anything about this process? Am I able to serve active duty? Can I repay this debt through my PA NG contract? Any information would be appreciated.
Do you know how the drug(s) got into your body? Did you eat a brownie at a frat party or something?

quincy

Shorty pop's in now and again but doesn't post. I received a pm from him a few months ago. I figured it doesn't hurt to give him a tag.
Shorty appears and posts on an irregular basis but he and Shadowbunny are the members on this forum who can offer the best information and advice.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Your eligibility to serve in the AD is going to be determined by how the NG handles your case. If you are given an RE code of 3 or 4 you will not be able to go AD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">