• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Row House Boundary Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Misi

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi. I have a four story brownstone that is a row house. My building is 65 feet long and about 80 feet high. The adjoining property is about 40 feet long and 60 feet high. We once had a workman waterproofing the wall that extends above their building and the neighbor was complaining that he feared the work would somehow damage the roof of his building and threatened to not let our workman do his job. Could he have stopped him? My workman was on a scaffold that was above his roof but the scaffold was connected to our building.

Also, we have thought about installing air conditioners and windows on this wall. Would we have to buy an easement to do this?

thanks,
Misi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">