• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rules of Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Taylorchantel

Can my X enforce visitation with his wife and children - even when he's in another state? We live in GA, he lives in IL, but works in Denver. Last year I sent my daughter to visit and found out later that he was gone for nearly 4 weeks of her 8 week visit. I don't want to send her to visit him if he's not there. What are the rules?

LegalBeagle

Taylorchantel said:
Can my X enforce visitation with his wife and children - even when he's in another state? We live in GA, he lives in IL, but works in Denver. Last year I sent my daughter to visit and found out later that he was gone for nearly 4 weeks of her 8 week visit. I don't want to send her to visit him if he's not there. What are the rules?
The rules are according to the court order. Providing the child is being looked after, there is not much you can do about.

T

Taylorchantel

The court order is with him, the father. Visitation is with him. How can she visit with him when he's not there?

LegalBeagle

Taylorchantel said:
The court order is with him, the father. Visitation is with him. How can she visit with him when he's not there?
Because the father effectively puts the child in someone elses care for the time he has the visitation.

T

thestepmom

When my husband is gone, ( no matter how long) I have visitation rights. Of course I am in CA. maybe the rules are different there. If he has a visitation for 7 days and is gone the whole time, I just take over his time.
The reason they gave them to me was to make transitions for my step easier. She always knows where she is and where she is going. We are also very close I have helped raise her for more then 6 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">