• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Run Away Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaizen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I don't know where this question belongs. My son's friend is age 14 or 15 and has problems at home. His mother is irrational and immature.

Six weeks ago, this child came to my door in the cold temperatures asking for a ride. His mom had refused to come pick him up from the mall (my house was closer for him to walk to). I drove him home.

Last night, he showed up after dark. He told me his mom kicked him out and that he'd told her where he was going (my house) when she asked as he was walking out. She never called for him that I'm aware of.

Tonight, same thing! I just called her and she said I could send him home "if I want" but that she is "not going to come pick him up".

I believe the environment may be abusive and I'm sure it's negligent just by the fact that she wasn't calling around looking for her son the last two days. I'm unsure what to do.

Ladyback1

While I don't condone cutting of your children, could it be that the boy is not being honest with you?

Perhaps mom has reached that point where she doesn't know what to do, but let him be a runaway.

Call CPS/DCFS, call the police, call the kid's other parent or family members--you cannot be responsible for either the kid or the mom. The best you can do is hopefully get them in a position to receive help.

Banned_Princess

While I don't condone cutting of your children, could it be that the boy is not being honest with you?

Perhaps mom has reached that point where she doesn't know what to do, but let him be a runaway.

Call CPS/DCFS, call the police, call the kid's other parent or family members--you cannot be responsible for either the kid or the mom. The best you can do is hopefully get them in a position to receive help.
I'm sure we can all agree, no one condones cutting of children.

Ladyback1

The problem is that your brain does not seem to be moving at all.
ahhh...and when you don't have a legitimate argument, then you sling a little barbed comment. LoL:D

An obvious typo is not something I choose to pick a fight over. Consistent and constant poor grammar is another thing entirely.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ahhh...and when you don't have a legitimate argument, then you sling a little barbed comment. LoL:D

An obvious typo is not something I choose to pick a fight over. Consistent and constant poor grammar is another thing entirely.
Good grief, get a sense of humor or a thicker skin.

Isis1

:rolleyes:

I certainly hope that you never have a typo, or where your brain is moving faster than your fingers type.

Because, if you have ever or will ever make a typo then you are a hypocrite. Just saying:D
she does make errors. we laugh at her. but she laughs back, so it's way more fun. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">